Thursday, September 15, 2011

Halloween Card

Design ©Sharon M. Reinhart 2011
Wow! Two posts in one day! As my last post did not include a card to possibly inspire you I thought I would share this Halloween invitation. I typically do not work on a great deal of Halloween designs but this paper inspired me to create. This is an invitation but could easily be changed into a greeting card just by changing the sentiment. The polka dot paper I believe is an older one from K and Company but it just spoke Halloween to me. Or, it would be a great paper for a Birthday card. The stamp is from the bins at Michaels.  Stamps very well, by the way. To bring more texture to the design, once the spider webb was stamped I stitched on seed beads and attached a black brad to become the spiders body, then layered it onto coaster board. A die cut label shape from Spellbinder's was sponged with orange ink and layered under the spider webb square. Add a bit of ribbon, a few rhinestones and a sentiment and you are done. A quick card or invitation, to make it even quicker you could opt to glue the beads on.
Hope you like it!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon
Blog Hop Button Finished on the 15th: FaveCrafts Blog Hop for September

No comments: